Tuesday, October 09, 2012

My Fall Mantel

I'm taking a break from my own DIY projects to read and catch up with all the blogs I follow...you can find some of them under my Blog Roll - I also follow many through Facebook...and Pinterest!  That's a crazy addictive place and where I get caught up for hours at a time, dreaming of new ideas for our home.

This is what my mantel in the basement family room has looked like for the better part of this year...a yard sale mirror ($10), a deer candle holder from Homesense ($14) which I spray painted a rusty brown.  It was originally painted red - I got in on clearance after Christmas last year...one of McG's old duck decoys, along with some old photos of the kids...and a garland with rusty bells on it...I went to the Dollarama and picked up a few faux pumpkins and also added some small gourds from the grocery store...it now looks like this...


and here's a closer view...


A simple change that cost me less than $10...and it brings the fall colours to my home!

Cheryl

Linking up at DebbiedoosThe Inspired RoomBeyond the Picket Fence

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful display! This is so natural and beautiful. I could see it staying up all through Thanksgiving and only with a few minor alterations, even remaining for Christmas. Truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michele...as a new blogger, I am so grateful that you took the time to view my post and offer your comments...I hope you decide to follow along!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!