Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Monday!

Hello there! - It's been a busy weekend over here...McG and I have been working on finishing up a few things - and while its not in any shape to be photographed yet - I thought I'd show you the vignette on our buffet which I put together last week.


I bet you thought you were going to see it decorated for Christmas - ha ha, fooled ya!  But don't worry I'll be decorating in the next week or so and I will be sure and update you all then.


The buffet was given to us by a friend of McG's Mom years ago.  She was moving to a smaller home and none of her children wanted it.  We took it in and McG refinished it.  It has had a place of prominence in our home since and I enjoy decorating it.  


The orchid was given to me by a friend recently.  It's my first one and I am hoping to keep it alive for awhile!
The placemat underneath is the same pattern as our new curtains which I showed you back in October.  The bird print was a thrift store score at only $3.99 and it picks up on the browns used in the dining room and living room areas.  A final reveal of our renovation will be up later this week!


The lamp on the other side of the buffet was inherited from McG's Dad...It has been in his family since the 1940's and I love how it goes with our new colour scheme.  I added a new shade from IKEA and rounded out the this area with my thrifted owl and a candle.

I hope you enjoyed this little peek at our dining room buffet...Next week the new buffet will be coming in and I will be gifting this one to a friend.  Although I love this one, its time to get the one that matches our new dining set into its new home!  Thanks for stopping by!


Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!