Saturday, November 03, 2012

Thrifty Finds...

Today I had the day to myself...McG is off deer hunting for the week - so I called up some friends and we headed out to the county for lunch and some shopping...I didn't buy much today - BUT I DID FIND THIS GUY...



and I got him for a steal!!!


sorry for the blurry-ness...I really do need a new camera!!! I found this lovely at the Value Village.  I had been looking for an owl for awhile - as I am sure you have seen, they seem to be all the rage in blog-land!

My daughter has one that looks like this...


She purchased this guy at Bath and Body Works...he's a lovely creamy white as most of the owls I have seen from Pottery Barn...I am not sure if my little guy will stay the original colour or if I will give him a coat of white spray paint...either way I am sure he will make a lovely addition to the shelves on my new media cabinet




.So, what do you think of my thrifty find?   I really love him!  I think he will show up better against the wood grain if he is white...might just be my project for tomorrow...

Did you go thrifting today?  I'd love to know what you found!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!