Monday, December 24, 2012

JOY to the World!

Wow - can you believe that it's Christmas Eve already???

McG and I are doing some visiting tonight and the next few days will be crazy here as I am sure they will be for all of you...I have been hanging out on Pinterest quite a bit lately and what I have been seeing alot of is "JOY" in Christmas decorating.




It's a happy word and I knew I wanted to add it somewhere in my decorating.   I wasn't sure how I was going to pull it off - because I didn't want to ask McG to be involved in this one.  I also wanted to complete this project with little to no money.  I knew I wanted to add it in my kitchen, so I dug around in our spare room to see what I had on hand to get this project done.  This is what I came up with...


This is mac-tac or shelf-paper, with a sticky backing.  It's a pretty taupe colour with a silvery blue flourish.
This was very easy to work with and would be removable from wherever I put it.   I thought about adding it to my kitchen cupboards, but then went with it on my patio door.  


The pictures were hard to take considering its still daylight outside...I am really looking forward to this evening and taking a few more.  This was very simple.  I just free-hand drawing the letters, but you could
print out different fonts on your computer and then trace them on and cut them out.  Simple, fun and it took only minutes to complete.

This is my last holiday project...now its time to sit down and enjoy with family and friends.

I want to take this opportunity to say thanks for all of you following on the blog and facebook.  I started this little blog not long ago, wondering if I would have any followers at all.  I am so looking forward to hearing from you in 2013 and sharing our projects and ideas with you.

From McG and Me - MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!