Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Adding Colour to the Front Porch

Let's face it - like most of North America - we are having a weird spring...One of colder temperatures and lots of snow and now mostly rain...They are predicting rain here everyday this week with heavy thunderstorms towards the end of the week.

I took advantage of a lull in the rain yesterday to finish up cleaning the garden and to add some spring touches to our front porch.

You have seen my spring wreath and how I made it here.  
This is a reminder of what it looks like on my front door...


I also added a new spring flag that I purchased at Wal Mart when we were in Florida...this flag was $4.  That's a whole lot cheaper than the $22 it costs here in Canada!!


Cardinals are one of my favourite birds and I love how the colours look with our brick. 
 Here's a better look at it and the wreath on the front door.



I decided to bring out even more colour and used the flowers from my spring centerpiece, shown below...




...and added them to a planter that is kept by the front door.  



There are Stella-Dora day-lillies that are planted in this pot, however, they are not coming up yet and the addition of these silk flowers adds more spring colour to the porch while we wait for the warm weather to entice the day-lillies to sprout.

Here's a final view of the whole porch area...as you can tell the rain started again before I could finish up.




Even though the weather is cloudy and grey here in Ontario this week...my porch is sunny and bright with all the new spring additions!

6 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty and so welcoming. Your porch looks amazing. Thanks so much for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. that should make one feel cheerful on a rainy day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love your flag! Cardinals are my favorite bird as well!! Have a happy day!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the flowers down by the door, it's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pop of spring color! I just updated my front porch for Spring as well. Wise minds...
    Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!