Thursday, April 02, 2015

Our Next Project...



We are fresh back from vacation and ready to tackle another BIG DIY project in our home!!

After living here for the last 6+ months, we've decided that we are going to take out the wall between the kitchen and living room areas.  I should clarify that I've wanted to do this since Day 1, but it's taken some time for me to convince McG that this is what we need to do.




We have good flow between the rooms now, but the home has low ceilings and I think it will make things look and feel a little larger around here.  
Our home is a manufactured home that was made and put together here in about 1970.  There are beams on the kitchen ceiling but not in the living room so we will be keeping a small header, not only for structural reasons, but also for esthetics's as I don't want to continue the ceiling beams into the living room area.






These are a few ideas that we are looking at for inspiration.  You can be sure that I will be searching for more via Pinterest!!

What do you think?

Have you opened up walls in  your home recently?
  If so, I'd love to see them!!

Cheryl


Linking up over @:

2 comments:

  1. oh, that's great. good luck. we just opened a wall up from our kitchen, but it can't be as open as that. enjoy!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one project I've never done, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so if it would improve the flow and feel of the space. I'm not surprised your hubby needed convincing. I swear, left to their own devices we would all be still living in caves :/.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!