Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wedding Flowers

Last week I shared with you on Facebook, that I had spent some time creating some centrepieces for our niece's wedding.



It was such an honor for me to be able to contribute in the wedding.  She had sent me a picture last year asking me if I thought this was something we could create.  Her decorator was going to charge an exorbitant amount of money to do these in fresh flowers and that just wasn't in her budget.

We purchased faux hydrangea flowers at the Dollar Store.  We had to go to many in order to find enough.  We also purchased some faux filler flowers of white carnations at the Dollar Store as well.

My sister-in-law asked a friend if she could cut some curly willow branches from their tree and then
we purchased an 8 inch wide champagne coloured ribbon as well.

Although I didn't take any photos during the making process, I can share with you exactly how I made them.

I took 2-3 of the branches and then circled them with 8 of the hydrangeas.  We cut six feet of the ribbon, folded it in half and then wrapped it around the stems.  We also cut a small 6 inch piece of the ribbon and then tucked it in the bottom of a 24 inch pillsner vase.  Then we put the wrapped sticks and flowers into the vase.   I then tucked the ends of the ribbon into the vase to form the "bows" on the side.  Then I cut apart the bushes of carnations into single stems and used them to fill in the flowers, making sure to check the underside of the creation since most people sitting at the table would be able to see that part the best.  When I had them looking good, I added one last hydrangea to the top in between the sticks.




I made eight of these centrepieces in about an hour and a half.  They held up well during transportation to the hall and looked lovely on the tables.


Six of the tables had the centrepieces I made and the rest had cylinder vases with floating candles.
Two of the ones I made flanked either side of the bar as well.

It was a beautiful day for the wedding.  The weather co-operated and a good time was had by all!

Congratulations Danielle and Brett - May happiness follow you wherever you go!


3 comments:

  1. They look wonderful & how sweet you were able to do the center pieces... I love hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The arrangements are beautiful, Cheryl. Your niece is fortunate to have such a talented aunt. I hope she and her husband have a long and happy marriage!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!