Monday, September 21, 2015

The Autumn Garden

There is nothing better than being out in the garden on a crisp Fall morning.  The flowers seem to take on a greater beauty at this time of the day when the garden is just waking up and is still covered in dew.



The morning sun casts great shadows.




Some of the flowers have started to fade, but some are just coming into their glory!








 My favourite from the annual plantings has to be the black petunias...they are still doing quite well.





I know that winter is just around the corner, but for now, you can still find me enjoying the flowers in my garden.


Cheryl

Linking up @:

13 comments:

  1. Very nice. I had the black Petunia last year. there exciting in baskets. I see you have Fall Mums---my next project I am thinking.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those mums came back from some I planted last fall...I have added a few more this year...I love the late season color!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your garden. It's lovely. Just getting a touch of fall is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! My mother was fond of black petunias. There is something captivating about them isn't there? Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cathy! I just love black petunias and try to plant them every year along with some white allisum and orange geraniums

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos. The colours and light are wonderful!
    Happy Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Sara! no fancy camera either..just my Canon Power Shot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cheryl, how gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, pretty images and flowers. Your garden looks beautiful. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree fall in the garden is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The autumn garden has a beauty of its own with golds, burgundies and browns. A nice change in my garden from a summer of pinks and purples. I'd like the black petunia for a contrast, the perfect flower for a Halloween display too.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks everyone for stopping by today!! I haven't had this much traffic in a while...so glad I linked up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!