Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Rooster in My Kitchen

This week the weather has been pretty unpredictable and every time it's been nice out, I've been in the yard working in the garden and forgetting to take pictures of the front porch decorations.

It's rainy here this morning but the weather man promises some periods of sun before the next batch of rain hits.

I ran out to a local nursery this morning in search of a hanging basket for the porch but I came home with an addition to the kitchen.  Anyone who knows me knows that I have an affinity for birds...especially owls, cardinals and roosters.  Back a few years ago I let go of many of my roosters and moved on to owls, but while I was at the nursery this morning, I came across a rooster that I just had to have. He was a bit pricey, but I had a gift card from a friend that I had received last summer for my BIG birthday...I was itching to use it up!!


He's stenciled on some pallet wood that is gorgeous and rough.  I hung him in the kitchen near the entry to the family room.


I think the wood ties in nicely with the beams on the ceiling.


I woke Sloan up from napping when I was snapping my pictures.  The new window bench seems to be his favourite place to nap now.  I've had to put a small blanket there so that he doesn't leave too much hair there while he sleeps.


I promise to be back soon with shots of the front porch!!  That is if I can remember to get out there and take the photos!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog...please feel free to leave a comment or ask questions...and if you like this post - PLEASE SHARE!!!