Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Refresh for Summer...

Hello Friends!!

This past weekend was the first official one of the summer season here in Canada - Victoria Day weekend.  We celebrated the weekend with a wedding and some projects out in the yard.

McG has been working hard to get his garage insulated and walls up.  It was basically a metal pole barn when we purchased this place almost three years ago.  He has since had the ceiling spray foamed and now he wanted the walls to be insulated too.  I didn't take any pictures of this process since I didn't find it to be worthy of a blog post, but I did want to mention it, as it is the reason we haven't really worked on too many other projects.  I'm trying to be patient as he finishes this up and I'm hoping it will be done and put back in order this week.

In the meantime, the weather co-operated for me yesterday and I spent most of the day in the yard getting the grass cut and working on some small projects of my own.

There were a few garden art items that needed a fresh coat of paint so I worked on getting that done.
I also wanted to give our old patio chairs a refresh.  We've had them for several years now and while I wanted to get new ones I just couldn't bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars, when I knew that I could make them work at least one more season.

They were looking pretty drab and I wanted to add a burst of color to the backyard so I used the cheapest trick I knew of - SPRAY PAINT!!

First I cleaned the chairs with soap and water and left them in the sun to dry.  Once they were dry, I sprayed the metal structure  a shiny, gloss black.  That alone made a huge difference.

Next McG took a break from his work and helped me to tape off the metal so that I could paint the plastic mesh seating and backs.

The side entry to the garage is under the covered patio and the door is painted red, so I chose Apple Red gloss Rustoleum  paint that was made for plastic.

They turned out gorgeous!

First we sprayed the back of the backrest, and then we sprayed the front of the backrest and the seat of the chair.

We then pulled off the tape as soon as they were done and then left them in the sun to dry for about a half an hour.  

I will be back later this week to show you how they look in the yard.  I am quite impressed with how they turned out.  I will keep you posted on how the painted seats hold up for the summer.  

For chairs that were on their way out of here, they really do look brand new - and it only cost $25 to paint seven chairs!!


Linking up @: